As well as cash flow new and expanding businesses need equity investments at all stages, from seed to multiple later rounds to fund expansion. The Venture Capital and other investment markets are underdeveloped in Ireland and growth has been slow.
Old Politics Failure
Investors will go where there are opportunities, but the unimaginative parties of old politics have failed to look past the FDI in front of them to attracting other types of investment to Ireland.
Aaron’s plan is to actively chase, court and bring investors to Ireland the same way we bring foreign companies. Our job creation agencies will work to make contact with investors and to prepare our businesses to pitch to them and smooth the process of eventual investment into Ireland. We will create an ecosystem of new and expanding businesses investors can easily access and make Ireland an attractive place to invest that money.
Attracting Investors in our Future
- Establish a branch of our development agencies staffed by people from the venture capital and investment world to find and court investors
- Simultaneously prepare our businesses at home to make great pitches for investment
- Arrange a smooth introduction between businesses and investors
- Create a simple, red tape free, and attractive environment for investors to set up in Ireland
- Encourage investors to send jobs from their already successful and growing investments to Ireland